What to expect at your check-ups
You’ll receive a warm welcome when you visit us in Clonmel or Newbridge for your appointments. Our patients quickly become part of the family, and it’s always a pleasure to catch up and find out how you’ve been getting on since we last saw you.
If you are wearing fixed braces, we’ll usually change your archwire at your check-ups. If your archwire is held in place by elastic ligatures, you can choose a new colour from our wide selection.
If you are wearing Invisalign aligners, we’ll check your teeth and give you your next sets of aligners. From time to time, we’ll adjust your teeth or aligners according to your treatment plan.
We don’t carry out a comprehensive dental health check at your orthodontic appointments (it’s important to see your dentist for these), but we’ll tell you if we have any concerns about the health of your teeth or gums.
If you have questions or emergencies between check-ups, don’t hesitate to contact us. If we can’t help you over the phone, we can reschedule your appointment to see you as quickly as possible.
Fewer appointments, faster results
While regular check-ups are invaluable, we want your orthodontic treatment to fit in with everyday life. That’s why our prices include DentalMonitoring for every patient.
DentalMonitoring software helps us to track your progress using an app on your smartphone. So, you can go longer between check-ups without compromising your care.
You’ll keep in touch with weekly selfies, and we’ll send you regular updates, including personalised hygiene advice. You can stay connected to your orthodontist wherever you are in the world.
If we spot any issues, we can act quickly and arrange an appointment at the practice straight away.
Are Invisalign check-ups essential?
Some companies offer remote orthodontic treatment, where your aligners are delivered by the postman instead of a specialist orthodontist. So, you might wonder if check-ups for Invisalign treatment are strictly necessary.
The answer is: yes. Whichever brace you choose, you’ll benefit from regular appointments with our team of specialists.
Here are some of the potential pitfalls of forgoing check-ups with an experienced clinician:
- You won’t always receive a clinical examination before you start your treatment, which is crucial for making sure you’re suitable for braces
- Most aligner companies need you to take your own impressions, which can be challenging and less accurate than a digital scan
- If you have difficulties during your treatment, you may not be able to meet someone face-to-face for advice
- Your treatment won’t include adjustments like IPR and Invisalign buttons, which allow us to treat more complicated cases and achieve precise results
- You won’t benefit from an orthodontist’s attention to detail, and the opportunity to finesse your results so that you’re 100% happy with your outcome
- You’re unlikely to receive a comprehensive aftercare package, which should include supervision as well as fixed and/or removable retainers
Invisalign is much more advanced than mail-order aligners. It can treat a wider range of concerns and deliver a superior experience. Most importantly, it consistently achieves amazing results.
To learn more about Invisalign and fixed braces, contact us to arrange a no-obligation consultation with Dr. Jackie Bracken.